Couple of years ago me and Marko Taipale wrote an experience report on our experiment in using TDD (in the strict, XP definition) to build a game platform. The idea was to try and see if an architecture would emerge like XP claims (it did not).
Originally the paper was intended as an experience report for the XP2008 conference but was rejected due to insufficient research data. It is fair to say that the paper is our take on the TDD controversy that raged at that time, and we did write it at Jim Coplien's suggestion.
The paper is a couple of years old but since at least two people asked for a copy I decided to put the paper online. Perhaps you will find it interesting.